WHO WE REALLY ARE
We are a rural financial services company that was set up in 2001 to manage micro-credit funds on behalf of Government of Uganda. We provide affordable credit and business development services to SACCOs, Producer Cooperatives, Microfinance Institutions, Village Savings and Loans Associations, and Small and Medium Enterprises.
We prioritize support to SACCOs and Groups to increase productivity, income and employment opportunities for Ugandans, especially those who are active in the agricultural sector.
To be the lead provider and manager of microfinance services in Uganda.
To facilitate access to affordable financial services and strengthen management capacities of Microfinance Institutions and SMEs.
- Customer Care
- Integrity, Transparency & Accountability
As a manager of Government micro-credit funds, we:
- Support the efforts of Government in raising the micro-credit funds through design of appropriate microfinance programmes
- Develop appropriate mechanisms and channels for effective delivery of the funds
- Finance projects and enterprises taking into account Government priorities and the need to maximise the development impact
- Monitor and report about the performance of the funds
- Ensure control and sustainability of the programme
- Provide technical assistance for effective utilization of the funds